Thursday 19 September 2013

Review Hoppediz Hop-Tye.



Ok, so this is the start of my review of the Hoppediz Hop-Tye sling which I have for the next month. I will be posting more as I learn more about the sling, how it feels and Dot's enjoyment of it.

During today sling meet, I tried on three slings that were similar in style but different in fabric and fastening, and went for this one on the comfort of it rather than ease.

Dot sat very well in it, her legs are spread so she is sat rather than her legs dangling which is what I am first looking for in a sling. She was nice and tight and didn't drop like the one I currently own (which I will review later on now I have had some help with it!!)

The Hop-Tye is (as you would expect) a tie around the body job as opposed to buckles or clips, and has two main tie components. the first which is tied before the baby goes in around your waist, and the second shoulder ties which are done when the baby is in position. Both have to be done very tightly, which is where you need to practice and trust yourself. The tighter it is, the safer and more comfortable it is going to be for both of us.

My main aim with a sling is to be able to put it on with ease by myself, not having someone else help me. I want to be able to wear Dot whenever I want, not just when the other half is around. The Hop-Tye is relatively easy to tie on your own, although, like I said you do need a bit of practise, and a trust that you wont drop your own baby.... which of course you wouldn't!! I have now put this on three times today, and each time I have found a new little technique that will help me for the next time. Depending on your size, shape and height, as well as all those features of your little one, will depend on how you wear it, and how you put in on really, so the more practise I get, the easier it will become.

I am very much looking forward to using this more. Tomorrow I shall be testing it out as opposed to the pram when I go out to play!! :)

The sling journey continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...