Monday 2 September 2013

Been a while!! My summer of funs!!

A little while ago, myself and my husband developed the term 'to have funs'. This system is a simple but effective way of determining how much fun you have had at any one event, in any one day, or at any one time. The concept is simple - you are allowed 17 funs in one day - any more, and you have a fun come down the next day - you know what I mean, that feeling when you have had an excellent day, but the one ahead just seems rubbish in comparison! 1 fun, can be made up of whatever you wish, each individual perceives a fun in their own way.... Why am I telling yo this?? Because my summer has been full of days worth of funs! My darling daughter has be nothing but a delight, and shared every minute with me - apart from the day I left her to go and have some grown up funs, but I am assured she had a lovely day with Grandma and Granddad! My summer started with National Breastfeeding week and a mass onslaught of nursing mothers to the local ikea - an odd, but empowering and wonderful occasion. A local photographer, a wonder man called Paul Carter, captured the event for his very personal mission to get breastfeeding accepted in all walks. His campaign 'We do it in Public' was started when his wife passed, who was an avid campaigner for breastfeeding. His pictures are wonderful, and it was a privilege to be snapped by him!!

http://www.breastfeedinginpublic.co.uk









During our summer of fun, we also took our lovely little lady on tour of the North West - visiting family and friends and rejoicing in not one, but two weddings in one weekend. Little D herself did tremendously well with all the attention she was getting, and my stressing about finding and appropriate occasion dress which would let me feed her was put to rest when I stumbled upon a chance find in Oasis - a black maxi number with a low cut front that had a little popper button to secure the boobs... it was like it was meant for feeding!! The only problem being, is that I was guaranteed to be sicked on but the sicky one, and with it being a black dress, and the only one I had for both weddings, I had to be careful.... feed and straight to daddy seemed to work the best. That and a stern talking to before I put her in her frock seemed to work.... might have to do that everyday!

It would seem, as I approach the 4 month marker for breastfeeding, there is no end to the joy and pleasure it brings. I am constantly told by family, friends and health professionals alike, that 'I have done so well to get this far' or 'wow your still feeding, thats amazing'. Well, as much as that makes me feel warm and fuzzy (and it does because I am a little vain like!) I kinda just want to turn around and say 'well it aint stopping any time soon, so don't praise me just yet!' or 'don't praise me for doing what I should be doing'.... although I think the latter may have the gusto to upset, even though it is not meant for that!

Roll on month 4, lets see the funs that you have in store....

The Journey Continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...