Monday 30 September 2013

One baby, one day, two slings.


So, this weekend, I went on an epic journey to visit my brother and his lady. 5 hours in the car is NEVER my idea of fun, especially when the journey should take no longer than 3hours!! 

Add a baby into the mix, and it's just a panic filled experience resulting in road-side breastfeeding, screaming child and grumpy parents. 

In reality we were incredibly lucky that Dot slept for so long in the car and nuclear meltdown only lasted a few minutes. 

So, in, fed, and rested we spent Saturday having walks and funs with the slings. Babywearing a plenty!! 

And it was fabulous. 

I finally got to grips with the moby!! As you can see, Dot is snug as a bug, and enjoying her new hat from her uncle. 

Now, clearly, not every sling is going to be suitable for everyone. Different shapes and sizes of wearers and babies will change the comfort for both, and as babies grow, the use of the sling will change. 

So although the moby has been successfully worn, I think, due to having an incredibly long baby, it's just not for us. 
With a long baby, it would seem that the way you wrap it means that little heads don't have anywhere to rest. As you can see here, although comfy, Dot's head can't tuck on nicely. 

Now I've tried different positions and I get the same problem. So, I think, for us, it's not an everyday sling. But I do highly recommend it for comfort, and finally, for being able to put it on on your own!! 
I do like this sling a lot!! It's soft and easy to wear (once you've got the hang of it!) and it can keep you lovely and warm!! 

So, sling two. Hop-tye. 

I love this sling. 

It's so easy. Even my husband managed it. 
Says a lot really. 

Dot sits very well in it. Her hips are supported, as is her back and shoulders. 

And the little hood means that when she starts getting sleepy, her head rests in me, and I can keep her head steady. Good really seen as she constantly falls asleep in this wonderful sling!! 

The back panel means that putting the sling on is very easy. There is only one way to do it, only one place for the baby, very few areas to get wrong. 

Now I know from doing some research, that slings like this (mei tye), that wearer size can alter there ease, so I massively recommend trialling with a test baby whenever you can..... Clearly I'd say this for any sling, but there is less give in this one as opposed to the moby, so probably more room for 'size issues'. 

I've got the hop-tye for another few weeks so I am going to continue using it daily and in different environments to test it's durability within different situations. But, so far, so good!! 

And if she's happy, I'm happy. 

4 comments:

  1. I love my connecta - which is like a mei tai but has clips so is even easier to do yourself. I'm glad you found a sling you are happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the lookout for a new carrier/sling. Your bubba looks absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Have you got a local sling meet/ sling bank in your area?? I highly recommend trying before you buy!! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...